Funniest Job Interview Responses!
by Andrew Kucheriavy - 08/06/2010
"We’ve asked employers and hiring managers to share some of the craziest responses they’ve gotten from applicants. Believe it or not, the following responses were given by job candidates to questions asked at job interviews..."
We’ve asked employers and hiring managers to share some of the craziest responses they’ve gotten from applicants. Believe it or not, the following responses were given by job candidates to questions asked at job interviews. For obvious reasons, none of these candidates got hired. Enjoy:
Why Are You Interested in this Position?
* “To keep my parole officer from putting back me in jail”
* “I’m allergic to unemployment”
* “As you know, finding full time employment is very difficult right now. I have applied to over 200 positions within the last 2 years”
Why Do You Want to Work for This Company?
* “My spouse is interviewing for job there so I need to be hired there too.”
* “Just for the benefits.”
* “It will look really neat on my resume”
Can You Tell Us More about Your Experience?
* “I’m even more computer illiterate than my resume shows”
* “You have had two weeks to review my resume yet you still want to know about my experience. This is so typical of Human Resources.”
* “This is personal information that I am not comfortable with sharing”
Why Should We Hire You?
* “If you don’t hire me, it would prove that the company’s management is incompetent.”
* “If you hire me, I will have the corporate logo tattooed to my forearm”
* “I would be a great asset to the events team because I party all the time”
Describe Your Ideal Job?
* “I don’t know…I haven’t had it yet.”
* “What a ridiculous question to ask.”
* “I’ll tell you what I don’t want to be doing - sitting in boring meetings, doing grunt work and having to be nice to people all day long.”
What Are Your Weaknesses?
* “I get angry easily and I went to jail for it but I won’t get mad at you.”
* “I didn’t think you were allowed to ask that question in a job interview.”
* “I am saving this information until I get hired”
What Motivates You?
* “I’ve got a big house, a big car and a big credit card balance. Pay me and I’ll be happy.”
* “Salary is very important, my gambling debts are rising.”
* “My main motivation is money, anyone who says otherwise is a damned liar.”
Why Did You Leave Your Previous Employment?
* “My boss was stupid and would always argue with me about how to do my job”
* “I have a problem with authority”
* “I was dating my boss’s daughter and she is married”
Do You Have Any Questions about the Job?
* “What if I woke in the morning and didn’t feel like coming to work?”
* “How many women work here?”
* “If you were a fruit, what kind of fruit would you be?”
* “When you run background checks on candidates, do arrests come up?”
* “Are all the staff as cute as you?”