Psychiatrists Consultant/Specialist (Child & Adolescent) – Camali
Global Medical Recruiting seeking qualified and experienced candidates on behalf of a state of the art private child and adolescent mental health service at the Camali Clinic in Dubai UAE. The aim of the project is to provide coordinated high quality, multi-disciplinary mental health services to children and young people. Clinical experience with children and adolescents a requirement in order to be considered for this vacancies. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until post is filled.
This service is a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary, child and young people-focused which uses evidence based, effective treatments. It will cover Tier 2 and Tier 3 (outpatients) services, with an outlook to develop Tier 4 (inpatient) services.
As lead psychiatrist, the candidate would be expected to work closely and collaboratively with the lead psychologist and report directly to the Medical Director. He/she would be expected to work 10 sessions a week, including two evenings and one weekend day. These sessions would be broadly divided up as follows:
8 sessions – clinical work including attending both Tier 2 and Tier 3 multidisciplinary team meetings
1 session – supervision of junior staff and training
1 session – service development and clinical governance activities
The service aims to provide assessment and treatment to babies, children, young people and their families from 0 – 18 years, who presents with mild to complex mental health and emotional difficulties who reside in the United Arab Emirate.
The team members will be highly skilled within their chosen profession and able to recognize and respect the values, beliefs, customs and language of Dubai’s culturally rich and diverse population.
Cases to be treated:
Mood difficulties, Anxiety disorders, Attachment Issues, Self Esteem difficulties, Phobias, OCD, Transitional adjustment difficulties, Trauma, Loss & Bereavement, Emotional difficulties related to school e.g bullying, Mild to moderate behavioural difficulties, Social skills deficits, Mild to moderate self-harm, School refusal, Anger management, PTSD, Drug & alcohol, Nocturnal Enuresis, Autism / Aspergers, ADHD, Eating disorders, Severe self-harm and suicidal risk, Psychosis, Conduct disorder, Severe depression, Bipolar affective disorder, Sleeping, feeding and behavioural difficulties in under 5 years that result in severe disruption of family life and development, Genetic syndromes, Psychosomatic conditions, Learning difficulties.
All treatment will be evidenced based according to the NICE guidelines and will include:
Medication prescribing & monitoring, Applied Behavioural Analaysis, Psychological Intervention, Family Therapy, Speech and Language Assessment and Treatment, Occupational Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Narrative Therapy, Family therapy and family-based interventions, Mindfulness, Solution-focused brief therapy (SFBT), Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT), Behavioural Therapy, Psychoeducation.
The service has two main aims:
Provide assessment to children and adolescents where there is neuropsychiatric disorder, or emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Offer intervention when indicated following the assessment of child/adolescent and their families where there is a diagnosis and their symptoms are impairing on their functioning within their social, educational or family environment.
ABOUT GLOBAL MEDICAL RECRUITING.
Established in 2007 and now leaders in placement of qualified and experienced international medical staff at Middle Eastern hospitals (Qatar, UAE, Saudi-Arabia, Kuwait etc) and now also Russia and Nigeria.
Global Medical Recruiting will assist you, the applicant with the following (note: you will not be liable to pay fees to us as we are paid by our clients the hospitals):
1. Creating an International Standard CV.
2. Submitting your CV to several hospitals at once (in countries of your choice).
3. Liaise between yourself and the hiring hospitals for feedback on CV submitted.
4. Arrange for Telephonic / SKYPE / in person interviews.
5. Send the Offer of employment to you with relevant information regarding the offer, employer, country etc.
6. Assist you with acceptance of the offer and submission of all relevant documentation.(Note: On acceptance of a offer of employment - you need to budget for the following expenses: Police clearance certificate, Medical/bloodtest, Authentication fees and Credentialing fees. The afore-mentioned is paid directly to the relevant supplier of the service for ex medical/bloodtest fees will be paid to the relevant physician/medical practice you chose and used and NOT to Global Medical Recruiting. Requirements regarding the afore-mentioned documentation differs from hospital to hospital and between countries
7. Assist you with Verification / Credentialing (Clinical Staff) and all recruitment requirements.
8. Liaise with the employer regarding issuing of your entry visa into the country.
9. Advise you on when it is safe to resign.
10. Book your flight and meet & greet at the airport.
11. Be in contact with your after you start at your new employer and assist with any problems / further requirements.
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
Camali Clinic The patient population will be aimed at both local residents and expatriates. The service will be Consultant led, within a multi-disciplinary team framework. The service will adopt a bio-psycho-social approach to the care and treatment of young people. Dubai is a vibrant and dynamic destination and one of the fastest growing cities in the world. Child and adolescent mental health services are being developed to meet the growing mental health needs of children and young people in the community.
EDUCATION: Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists and completion of Certificate of Specialist Training.
EXPERIENCE: The preferred candidate would have a sound and safe knowledge of psychopharmacological practice in children and adolescents, have a range of therapeutic experience and work within the framework of the NICE guidelines.
The successful candidate will need to show evidence of patient-centred care and the ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing motivation and guidance as well as accepting feedback and be committed to continuous professional development.
AGE: Only candidates up to the age of 54 will be considered.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English essential, working knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage.
||Health Services [ View All Health Services Jobs ]
||PO Box 26348
|Benefits and Other Informations:
A competitive expat package will be offered according to your experience level and qualifications. You will have opportunity to discuss expectations in this regard with the interview panel during interview. The Probation period will be six months.
Compensation will be comprised of one of the two following options:
1. Commission based, whereby the candidate is entitled to 50% commission of total billable earnings.This entitles candidate to potential higher earnings, but no benefits, such as paid annual leave or annual economy return ticket, are included. Benefits included: Medical insurance and licensing, visa costs.
2. Fixed base salary (level based on position and experience) up to 60% utilization (22 billable hours per week) plus 40% commission. Benefits included: 20 days paid annual leave. Annual return economy ticket. Medical insurance. Licensing and visa costs.
||09/11/2015 / Viewed 14060 times
Add a comment to this job: